The #fit40s woman: chances are either you are one or you know one and I’m sure you’ll agree that WE ROCK. Equal parts professional/entrepreneur, cheerleader/homework supervisor and health/fitness enthusiast, the #fit40s woman stays current on the latest fitness fashion trends, knows that to be her best she needs to fuel her body and mind and understands that a little fun and relaxation goes a long way to maintaining her sanity.
I deliberately chose the #fit40s theme for this year’s gift guide because this is the lifestyle I strive to exemplify each and every day to those around me. This is straight-up who I am. Each of the items in my gift guide are things that I own and use — in one variation or another — on a regular basis. In fact if you’re ever on Instagram, chances are you’ll recognize some of my fave brands.
Whether you’re shopping for yourself or someone else, or dropping hints to your significant other, these are gifts that keep on giving, guaranteed to power you through the holidays and into the new year. Go ahead and shop guilt-free!
Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts for Sweating It Out Instead of Swearing It Out
- The Hydro Flask 21 oz Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle is the only water bottle you’ll ever need. Fill it up with ice-cold water before you leave the house for work, a field trip or your workout and it’ll stay cold and keep you hydrated right down to the last drop (unless your kids beat you to it because gawd forbid they remember their water bottle).
Why you need it: Because you’re a (sometimes) athlete. Or you just really like water. Or your kids do.
- On my wish list is the Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Plus Fitness Wristband. I currently wear — and am quite happy with the Fitbit Charge HR model but SHINY, NEW THINGS! The Fitbit tracks my (terrible, horrible) sleep patterns, monitors my heart rate and, best of all, keeps me motivated to hit my 10,000 steps a day. (P.S. Great customer service.)
Why you need it: Because your couch has a stronger magnetic pull than the Earth’s core. Time to get up and move!
- Ok, ladies. Here’s the deal: since losing a great deal of weight, the girls are feeling a little — shall we say — deflated. My smaller cup size still needs support and the Under Armour Bra helps keep the flopping to a minimum during high-intensity interval training. Plus the styles are comfortable and they come in fun prints like Supergirl!
Why you need it: Because when you look good you feel good.
- When your hair is as long and thick as mine is, keeping it off your face with the ItFit Headband is an absolute must. I have battled with headbands for most of my life: that feeling of the headband sliding further and further back on your head, threatening to slingshot the person behind you. I discovered this Canadian company through a friend and have since been a repeat customer. The madness is over.
Why you need it: Because Made in Canada. If only for the comic book headband alone, eh?
- Kickstart your New Year’s Resolutions NOW with the Whole Life Fitness Manifesto eBook combo. Dai Manuel’s Whole Life Fitness Manifesto will change your entire approach to fitness and mindfulness. And the Green Smoothie 7 Day Reboot will help control that *cough* holiday bulge.
Why you need it: Because even small changes can have a large and lasting impact. Rome wasn’t built in a day, y’all!
Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts for De-Stressing So You Can Make It Through Another Round of “Name That Math Problem”
- Aveda’s limited edition “an escape from stress is a gift” package is just one of several holiday gift packs from which to choose. I use Aveda’s hair and skin-care line religiously but how wonderful would it be to indulge in a little stress-relieving R&R?
Why you need it: Because the holiday craziness is about to set in and you are going to face it like the zen-boss you are. With a candle.
- You may think you know your friends, but all bets are off when the kids have gone to bed and you break out Cards Against Humanity with only your most trusted inner circle. Because you will see, say and hear things no one should ever repeat. And they won’t judge you.
Why you need it: Because laughter is the best medicine, even if it does give you wrinkles.
- I make no bones about the fact that I love chocolate — the darker the better. But, my-oh-my these Chocolates x Brandon Olsen are as decadent as they are beautiful. And they’re from Toronto!
Why you need them: Because they’re hand-painted chocolates fortheloveof–!
- I began Bulletproofing my days about two weeks ago with Bulletproof Coffee. This may be the only reason I’m still standing. However, beyond the coffee, Bulletproof is changing the way we look at nutrition and performance by combining high amounts of healthy fats with — wait for it — a balanced diet, sleep and exercise. I’m still exploring the other areas of Bulletproof, but for now, we coffee.
Why you need it: Because I’m putting butter and brain octane oil in my coffee. And liking it. And you should, too.
- For years as, one after the other, our blenders sputtered and died, my husband and I held out for “the big one”. And then we bought our first Harley. The Harley Pasternak Blender by Salton which is as powerful and efficient as that other big name brand at about half the cost.
Why you need it: Because how else are you going to blend your Bulletproof coffee?
- This Starbucks holiday tumbler is a splurge. However, with the hefty price tag comes the promise of free coffee and tea for the entire month of January. So I bought one. In my defense, with my Starbucks habit, this insulated cup will pay for itself by the time I cash in on my free coffees.
Why you need it: Because you’ve been wanting to catch up with friends over coffee and January is as good a month as any. To catch up. Many times.
Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts for Looking Good While Celebrating Uniqueness, Beauty and Giving Back
- Since discovering Uno de 50 in Las Vegas three years ago, I was hooked. The fact that the pieces are handcrafted in Spain only made me love it more. The dragonfly collection is my absolute favourite right now and, coincidentally, since the Toronto store opened, my collection has multiplied… Weird…
Why you need it: Because everyone needs that I-want-to-wear-this-everyday piece of jewelry. And it’s a guaranteed conversation-starter.
- My first Me To We Raffiki Bracelet was a Mother’s Day gift from my daughter, Hannah. She had bought it as part of a school fundraiser and I’m actually wearing it right now! Each raffiki (friend in Swahili) is handcrafted, using traditional art forms, by a mama in Kenya. Your purchase empowers these women through earning a fair wage for their work.
Why you need it: Because you’re doing a good thing.The holiday raffiki bracelets are not only THE CUTEST, with each purchase you are making an impact on the lives of others. Also, they make fabulous stocking stuffers.
All gift ideas have been carefully curated by me. I received no compensation in exchange for recommendations. Diary of a Domestic Diva is a Gumroad and Amazon affiliate partner. Some affiliate links appear in this guide and clicking on them to shop helps to support what I do. While you’re certainly not obligated to buy anything, if you choose to, I appreciate it!